Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ARTFUL July BJP

                       

ARTFUL

 July BJP 

July had been an extremely difficult time for me in my professional life.  I have been the victim of bullying in the work place. The difficulties carried over into August. Only now; the beginning of September; are things becoming bearable, tolerable  and manageable.   I would never in my wildest dreams had imagined that I'd be a victim of such mistreatment, but I was/am.

This piece reflects the struggles I've tolerated.   It reflects questions about what is Grey verse Black and White when it comes to job duties and responsibilities.  I am an RN, highly educated and certified to do the work I do, which is education.  I am in charge of the education program of all staff surrounding an innovation grant awarded to a large corporation in California from the Centers of Medicare Innovation (CMMI). The goal  of the program is to empower elderly patients to provide self care which ultimately leads to fewer unnecessary hospitalizations.  The result is billions of Medicare dollars saved. 

I won't go into detail of the bullying other then to say, if you are unhappy going to work, lack the confidence you had to do your job, cry at work, feel unsupported, receive inappropriate emails and phone calls from co-workers; you too may be the victim of bullying.  Most companies do not tolerate this activity.  One of the hardest things to do is tell someone. Do yourself a favor and tell!  It is hard but worth it.  Things are turning around for me in my job now that my HR and management team are able to support me. 



This piece is reflective of the Black, White and Grey of all things.  The time piece is moveable like all others for this year's BJPs.  As the piece is turned the clock points to the white here and the grey below. 
The Artful tab was difficult to work with.  My husband selected it from the remaining tabs for the year.  I had to really think about how to incorporate Artful and Bullying together within the same piece.  For me Artful was and continues to be my sense of grace to my leadership team for their support and kindness while keeping from my staff my issue.  

Please tell someone if you think you are being bullied!  Here is a website to help identify if you're being bullied and helps in next steps to take:

http://www.workplacebullying.org/individuals/problem/being-bullied/ 

5 comments:

  1. I think your BJP is lovely, despite the subject matter! I am so sorry you experienced bullying - I think bullying is one of the most disgusting acts of humans on one another. For anyone to think that they have the right to demean someone else is deplorable. I am so glad you are able to get past this, and hope that you have given others the courage to speak up if the same is happening to them. Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them a lot. I hope others are encouraged to speak up and realize they are not the issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a hard story to tell, harder to endure I imagine.I hope its now a piece of your past. Your job sounds like it should be really uplifting, helping all these people stay out of hospital. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truly love the work I do! I've been blessed in many areas of my career. Retirement is a few years away and my desire is to finish out working in this area. Thank you for your support!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete