Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Watercolor with Jane LaFazio-2016

Never Say "I Can't...."

I'm no stranger to the classroom having earned a BSN and an MSNH.   However, the one and only class I dropped along the way was Art. I was on my way to flunking the class and dropped it before my GPA could be harmed!

Last year my "can do" attitude took over for a split second which pushed me to enroll in Desiree Habicht's online class "Drawing with a Master's Eye".    By some miracle my first drawing looked like it was supposed to, a tree.

Lesson learned-never say "I can't"  instead follow the desires of the heart and listen to that split second voice; the result is you too may be able to draw a tree.




My First Tree

This was the spring board to exploring my artistic side, which I and completely dismissed!

Water Color with Jane LaFazio



This is a study in color mixing.  


Shadow Study 1


Shadow Study 2


Flowers


Practice using non-dominant hand


Flower


Continous Line





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...I am so glad you returned to the Art classroom...looking forward to future artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel! Thank you. Hope you're well. I'm gearing up for my next Asilomar round, wish you were going too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I sent you a message on fb but since we are not connected I think it will go in your "Other" folder which most people never check, or knows exists!
    It is from me- Tammy St.Germain- and I sent a couple photos I am inquiring about. Thank You Barbara!

    ReplyDelete