Friday, July 15, 2016

"All Dressed Up"

"All Dressed Up"
Cherrywood Lion King challenge

Rejected or Not?


          "All Dressed Up" was not accepted into the Cherrywood challenge, does that mean he was rejected?  I'd like to think not.  He will have a permanent home watching over the goings on in my husbands office.   Hopefully he will bring a smile to those that get to see him. 

          Working on this challenge was a learning experience and a demand on completing a project.   I had actually announced that I would not  start or complete the challenge because time was of the essence.  I had been using much of my time to tend to issues that required my time more than working on the quilt.  At the eleventh hour I decided to complete the challenge I'd signed up for. 

           It turned out to be a great diversion from the issues  previously requiring my time.  The challenge made me dig deep into my creative mind and allow it to lead me to creating this fun and 'out of the box' quilt.

           One of the biggest challenges  I continue to need to grow in is the required photo taking of my quilts.  I learned so much on how to work the set up and take photos for this challenge that will carry over to the next challenge I enter (what ever that may be).  


          Was there disappointment because he was not accepted into the challenge, absolutely!  Will there be a next challenge to enter, without a doubt!  




To  the 120 quilters who had their quilt accepted into the challenge, CONGRATULATIONS!  I can't wait to see your quilt at PIQF this year.  

Respectfully,
Barbara 

6 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful piece!! It was so much fun watching it progress and seeing sneak previews! It is a beautiful piece and I can't wait to see what future challenges await you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel! It was so much fun with working with you in our "virtual" critique group. Looking forward to more time doing just that.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful, Barbara. Many times it's not the quality or beauty of your work but simply the taste of the judges. Enter this again in another show. Who knows? Are you working on a new piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce. I agree with you regarding the taste of judges and how they see a show hanging together. I am working on multiple pieces! I finished a cute little commissioned baby quilt the other day and am drafting up my "California Dreaming" quilt for my guild August dinner and an "Autumn" piece to show at our local photography studio. Again thank you for your very kind words.

      Delete
  3. I am thrilled that I do not have to wait for the tour to end before receiving this quilt! I love the personality of the lion king that you have created. You amaze me with each new piece, I love them all, but this is my favorite. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued love and support!

      Delete