Monday, July 13, 2020

My week in the Studio



Five Charity Quilts quilted this past week 












My LongArm issues last week UGH!

I'm one who checks and double checks tension.  I'm not sure what happened here but I've spent 3 evenings picking out the stitches.  



Fun stuff this past week also included catching up on Lori Kennedy's 25 week free motion quilt along challenge.

My goal for this challenge is to really understand my thread I used 4 different weights and actually love the 60Wt threat best.  I was nervous taking my free motion back to my domestic machine since I'd been quilting on my long arm for a few years.  But it worked!  I know the practice I do on my domestic will translate to my longarm.


This is a new tool.  It is called a "boogie board"  NOT what I first thought of when I read the term.  I was thinking ocean waves and salt water.  I LOVE this new tool.  It is kinda like the old Etcha Sketch of my time.  An added plus is that you can take the black back cover off and it is see through so you can easily see your quilt block and draw out a motif to quilt.  Brilliant


I used it to "mark up"
one of the charity quilts I quilted.


Lastly I started working out quilt #4 for the Shelter Cover Women's Ministry quilt along.  More to follow on that one.  

Another successful week in the studio.

Happy Sewing.







No comments:

Post a Comment