Saturday, January 7, 2017

Lady of Eight

Lady of Eight


"Looks like we nailed it mom Lady of Eight" said Romeo

This quilt is part of the quilt challenge from Project Quilting.   This is my first season joining the group and I think it will be such a great addition to my quilting.  It will push my skills and force me to be creative on the spot.   This season's first challenge was to create a quilt that represented the number 8 in some way.  

  



By choosing 8 fabrics for the points from a paper pieced pattern I liked from Valori Wells theLady Liberty theme came to mind. 




8 solids were chosen to surround the Lady and stamped with 8 of my favorite stamps

The lay out was completed and in the end changed up removing the blue




Finally under the very watchful eye of Romeo the final stitching was completed.  




16 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all the special details you incorporated into this quilt (all in less than 1 week--pretty impressive!!). So glad you are joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel! The madness, I mean challenge is exciting.

      Delete
  2. I really like many of Valorie Well's fabrics too. Your design is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The stamped details are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Vicki. I love stamps on fabric a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! What do the stamps say? I love your stitching in the border, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, thanks for asking about the stamps. They are 8 of my favorites sayings.
      ~We do not remember days, we remember moments. Cesare Pavese
      ~You're in my thoughts and prayers. Unknown author
      ~We give thanks for all our blessings Unknown author
      ~Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King, Jr
      ~Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
      ~God doesn't look at how much we do, but with how much love we do it. Mother Teresa
      ~Miracles happen to those who believe. Unknown author
      ~Once in a lifetime who meet someone who changes everything. Unknown author.

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely stunning! I'm thrilled to have you joining in the PQ fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This will challenge will push me and that is exciting!.

      Delete
  7. i love seeing the journey of a quilt, thanks for sharing the steps you took. and i also like things a bit asymmetrical, and kaffe too.. hmm.. i might be reading more of your blog! see you next challenge! Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine. I love asymmetrical quilts and kaffe....well I swoon! Look forward to having you follow my blog.

      Delete
  8. And they say there are no quilt police, I see yours wears all black! Mine is striped. Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My police officer has been well behaved lately, he hasn't gone after the thread as if it is his. Thank you Judy

      Delete